Return to page for:
Washington -- Oregon -- Idaho
- NRCS--Water Supply Forecasts
- Snowpack conditions, streamflow forecasts, basin summaries, precipitation information
- National Water & Climate Center--State Basin Outlook Reports
- On-line summaries from the National Resources Conservation Service, with information on precipitation, snowpack, weather, and water supply for states
- USBR--Pacific Northwest Region Reservoir Storage
- Reservoir storage information for many major basins throughout Washington, Oregon, and Idaho
- U.S Drought Monitor
- Provides a drought map and summary of conditions for the U.S.
- National Drought Mitigation Center
- The NDMC helps people and institutions develop and implement measures to reduce vulnerability to drought.
- NOAA Drought Information Center
- A roundup of NOAA Web sites and information on drought and climate.
- Western Regional Climate Center
- One of NOAA's six regional climate centers in the U.S. that collects climate information
- NOAA Climate Prediction Center
- Provides outlooks, forecasts, monitoring and data, and drought assessments.
- El Nino, La Nina and the Western U.S., Alaska and Hawaii
- Links to information on the "El Nino/Southern Oscillation" (ENSO)
- Climate and Droughts
- USGS report explains the connections between climate and drought
- Western Governor's Association--Drought Initiatives
- Recommendations to improve drought response and incorporate mitigation and preparation
- Northwest River Forecast Center
- NOAA/National Weather Service site with hydrologic forecasts, hydrometerological data
- WSU--Drought Alert
- Access to WSU Cooperative Extension information on crops, irrigation, livestock, home and garden, water-saving topics, meetings and events
URL for this page is http://wa.water.usgs.gov/news/drought/resources.html
Page maintained by John Clemens, firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-552-1635
Page Last Modified: Thursday, 15-Dec-2016 12:48:16 EST
Privacy Statement || Disclaimer